Homemade Keto Sauerkraut. Making keto homemade sauerkraut is ridiculously simple and just takes a few simple items. Once you’ve made it yourself, you’ll never want to buy the store-bought version again. The flavor difference is incredible, and of course, the handmade keto sauerkraut is far superior in every aspect.
Furthermore, the advantages of including sauerkraut into your diet are limitless. You simply need to dedicate 10 minutes of your time to it, and the rest will be done automatically. It’s genuine magic: simply combine all of the ingredients and leave aside for a few days to create this amazing and unbelievably tasty dinner.
And don’t even get me started on the endless possibilities for this keto homemade sauerkraut. Without a doubt, my favorite item is that basic sauerkraut salad, so keep reading to find out how to create it.
The Advantages of Sauerkraut
Sauerkraut is a fermented cabbage product. It is not fully low-carb, but if consumed in moderation, it may be eaten on the keto diet. And, believe it or not, sauerkraut offers far more nutrients and health advantages than raw cabbage because it is a fermented food.
Homemade Keto Sauerkraut
To begin, here is a brief summary of some of the nutrients it contains:
- C vitamin
- B6 vitamin
Homemade sauerkraut is considered to be high in probiotics, which aid in the battle against toxins and germs. As a result, this product will undoubtedly aid your digestion. Furthermore, because sauerkraut is low in calories but high in fiber, it will keep you fuller for longer and thus aid in weight reduction.
Here’s What You’ll Require
You’ll only need three key ingredients for this keto sauerkraut recipe (cabbage, onion, and salt). All of the additional ingredients are absolutely optional but highly recommended because they enhance the overall flavor of the homemade sauerkraut.
Here’s what you’ll require:
Cabbage : A medium-sized cabbage is required for this dish. Before shredding it, remove the bad leaves and chop the cabbage in half to remove the core.
Carrot: a tiny carrot will enough for this sauerkraut recipe.
Onion: a tiny onion might also work well here.
Onion : Two or three bay leaves will enough.
Whole black pepper: ground black pepper does not have the same flavor as whole black pepper, therefore use whole black pepper instead.
Cumin: I adore the flavor of cumin in this dish, so I always include it. If you don’t like this spice, simply leave it out.
Salt : Salt is a crucial element in this dish since it aids in the fermentation of the cabbage.
Keto Sauerkraut Recipe
This homemade keto sauerkraut recipe just takes 10 minutes to make. The following diagram depicts the whole process of creating fermented cabbage:
- Make the cabbage. Before cutting the cabbage head in half, remove all of the bad leaves. Then, remove the core of the cabbage and discard it. For this dish, I like to shred the cabbage with a cabbage shredder. If you don’t have one, you may use a knife to chop the cabbage.
- Mix in everything else. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and all of the other ingredients for the dish. Press the mixture with your hands to allow the cabbage to release its juice. After that, put everything in a jar.
- Wait. Place a cheesecloth over the top of the jar and set it aside at room temperature. And all you have to do from now on is wait. It should take around three days for the cabbage to begin fermenting. After that, cover the jar with a lid and store the sauerkraut in the refrigerator for a few days.
You may eat the cabbage directly from the jar or prepare a keto sauerkraut salad after it’s done. It’s quite simple to make: simply stir some olive oil with the fermented cabbage.
Once fully fermented, the keto sauerkraut can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. The longer you leave it, the better it will get.
It’s also not a good idea to try to freeze it since the fermented cabbage will lose some of its nutrients and won’t be as crispy as it should be.
Related Articles :-
- Does Cornstarch Tenderize Meat?
- Is Shrimp Considered a Meat?
- Why Do You Use Vinegar When Cooking Crabs?
- How Long Does Potato Soup Last in the Fridge?
- What is the Best Kind of Cheese for a Turkey Sandwich?