Khasta Kachori is Loving Breakfast or Snacks. As holi festival is nearby to come and the wait for khasta kachori is also nearby. Let’s have a look at this popular Indian snack which is basically a deep fried bread. There are various varieties of the Indian kachori and out of them moong dal kachori is very famous.
Read More:- Special Gujrati Khaman Dhokla Recipe
Take a look at this yummy tasty Indian snack.
Special Khasta Kachori Recipe
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Preparation time – 2 hours
Total time – 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Take two cup of all purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add half tsp salt and 1/4 cup ghee into it.
- Using your fingertips mix the flour and ghee well.
- Mix it till the time the mixture is pressed and it didn’t break.
- Add 1.5 cups of water into it in some parts.
- Now start to knead.
- Knead soft dough and add water as required.
- Your dough need to be semi soft, that is it shouldn’t be very soft nor very hard.
- Cover the dough with moist towel and let it set for around 30 minutes.
Follow us on Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/cuisinecravingss/
Moong Dal Stuffing Khasta Kachori Preparation
Making lentil stuffing
- Rinse half cup of Moong dal in a bowl and soak it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours drain all the water and add the soaked Moong dal in a jar to grind.
- Do not grind too much. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and add half tbsp of ghee to it.
- On a low flame add spices to the pan i.e. 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp ginger powder and some chopped green chilli.
- Now add 1 tsp amchur powder and cook it over low flame and mix it well.
- Now add grinded moong dal, salt and a pinch of hing to it.
- Mix everything well and cook on a low flame.
- Saute it for 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
- Now let the mixture become cool.
- Now apply some oil on your hands and make small balls out of it.
Follow us on Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/cuisinecravingss
Preparing Kachori With Moong Dal Stuffing
Stuffing the mixture
- Now after 30 minutes take out the dough and slightly knead it.
- Now divide the dough in equal portions.
- Now take one portion of dough and flatten it with hands and fingers or you can use rolling pin or belan for this.
- Now place the moong dal balls on the flatten dough.
- Now bring the edges of the dough together and join it in the center. The excess dough can be pinched out and removed.
- Flatten the top by pressing it.
- Now you need to gently roll the kachori by rolling pin or belan to get a medium thickness.
- Now repeat the process again for other portions of the dough.
- Take a pan and add some oil to it. Now heat the oil on a medium flame. When oil become hot now add some kachori to it.
- When the kachodi start becoming to puffing up then turn the side of kachori and cook it from all side.
- The process of frying takes place upto 7-8 minutes.
- Fry them till the kachori becomes golden brown.
- Take a plate and place a kitchen towel on it.
- Now take out the kachori out of the pan and place them on a plate.
Special Tasty Kachori is Now Ready
- Now serve the kachori with green chutney or tamarind chutney.
- Usually it is served with a spicy gravy of potatoes.
Your tasty yummy kachori is ready to serve and eat.
Enjoy it with your loved ones.
Share this recipe.
Like and comment your views on this.